Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

In preparation for the first day of school while shopping for socks and undies, Adilyn found a new pair of pajamas at Target that I could not resist.  I love the little owls all over the pants and had to get them for her.  Not something I would have anticipated getting but she just loves them and I do, too.
At the teacher meet & greet Adi received her first homework assignment.  She was to decorate a yellow star with a family photo in the center and whatever she wanted all around it.  I forgot to get a picture of the completed star but I can at least include the photo she chose.  We didn't actually have a family photo so we took several with the fun camera on our macbook.
This morning Adi was all set and ready to put on her first day outfit but insisted on posing with her beloved friend Golden Star, aka Puppy.
Here's a shot of the whole outfit in front of our little pond.  She's so grown up!
Of course I had to get a shot of the backpack she picked out.  It has hummingbirds on it - very appropriate for my bird loving girl.  The water bottle she got has butterflies, another favorite.

In front of Robert Lucas Elementary School where I attended school as did Papa (my dad).  Three generations at the same school is kind of fun.  We took Adi to the before school program and she was very timid at first but by the time we came back to take her to her Kindergarten classroom she was very happily learning how to sign her name with real sign language.  She's been into making up her own signs to communicate lately which is great, though I don't know anything more than "baby signs" so I'm going to have to learn some real sign language to keep up with her.
When it was time to go to her classroom Adi went straight to a table to color with some other girls.  It was fun to meet a girl in her class named Madelyn who was also wearing a peace sign on her shirt.  I think Adi felt like she fit right in and she did awesome.
So that's my girl.  All grown up and ready to learn all she needs to know in Kindergarten.  I'm so proud of her.  She's such an amazing kiddo.
And I didn't even cry when we left her there.  She was so content and happy to say good-bye because she was comfortable there that I had no emotion at all other than pride and joy that our girl is so awesome.  I can't wait to hear all about her day when I pick her up.  And after that, her baby sibling can be born at any time as far as I'm concerned ;)

No comments: