Monday, August 2, 2010

Baby Shower!

I was so blessed to have the perfect baby shower this past weekend.  My closest friends and family came together to help celebrate the coming of our little one.  It was so much fun to spend time with the ladies who have so loyally prayed over the years for healing after miscarriages and for the conception and safe and healthy development of this precious baby.

My friend Amy, who happens to make some of the coolest cakes on the planet created the perfect cake.  I love how she puts so much thought into her cakes and creates something completely personalized and amazing.  It was tasty too!

There were lots of little girls around Adilyn's age who came to the shower as well.  Lucky for them, the Boelk's have a beautiful property which the girls were able to explore - catching butterflies, visiting the pond and even going for a wagon ride pulled by Brian and one of the twins (Kinnick or Carver, can't tell which ;)
Gifts are always a fun part of baby showers but the greatest gift for me was spending time with my favorite women.  All of the kind and encouraging words, the written blessings, the love poured out on me was joy to my soul.
Adi was right there with me for the gift opening and I realized once again what a precious part of my life she is and always will be.  I absolutely adore her and sometimes wonder how I can love another child as much as I do her?  I know in my head that God makes room in the heart for every child but I won't know the depth of that love until I meet our newest family member.
Here is my dear friend Rachelle, one of the hostesses of the party.  I love Rachelle and her family and am so grateful to her and all she's done for us.

And of course, Amy who hosted the event at her home.  We had so much fun, I think I need to hang out at Amy's house more often ;)

These two women put together such a wonderful celebration and I felt physically, emotionally and mentally blessed far beyond what I had anticipated.  I love that these friendships have transcended the divide of not seeing each other every Sunday.  These are true friends, and they are hard to find.  Thank you, friends!!

No comments: